Yearly Reading Wrap-up at Emeraldfire's Bookmark

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hello everyone out there and I hope that you all had a terrific reading year for yourselves. I am known as Emeraldfire around the Internet and this is my new personal reading blog.

Anyway, I started out January with about two hundred unread books lying around the house and ended the month with...umm...uncountable amounts of books unread. All of the books that I acquired this year came from BookmoochPaperback Swap, authors and Library Book Sales. Quite a number of my books that I read this month left my house to go to new homes so that's something I guess. :)

Let me try to break down the influx for you:

Changes to the TBR pile 


Read from my TBR pile (Yes! I am a reading machine :))
- Dark Star: Confessions of a Rock Idol by Creston Mapes
- Laughing Through Life by Connie Corcoran Wilson
- Demi and the Dolphins: A Lesson in Ecology by Alyssa K. Harrell and Marlene Siegal, DVM
- Robin Hood of Sherwood Forest by Ann McGovern
- Say Not What If by Andrew Friedman
- The Heart of the Rose by Kathryn Meyer Griffith
- Sorghaghtani of Mongolia by Shirin Yim Bridges
- Artemisia of Caria by Shirin Yim Bridges
- It Came From the '70s: From The Godfather to Apocalypse Now by Connie Corcoran Wilson
- Prince Etcheon and the Secret of the Ancient by Jo Ann Arnold
- Hatshepsut of Egypt by Shirin Yim Bridges
- Skin Thief by Sonnet O'Dell
- Stilettos and Scoundrels by Laina Turner-Molaski
- Inklings: Very Short Stories and Other Babies Born of Ink by Aparna Warrier
- Redemption by Laurel Dewey
- Davi by Roy C. Booth and Brian Woods 
- Always and Forever by Kathryn Meyer Griffith
- The Ice Princess by Camilla Lackberg
- Grayton Beach Affair by James Harvey
Deed So by Katharine A. Russell
- Blue by Lou Aronica
Anyone Can Die by James LePore
- The Nameless One by Kathryn Meyer Griffith
- The Radleys by Matt Haig
- Cry of the Fallen by Joel M. Andre
- Anyia: Dream of a Warrior by Jacquitta A. McManus
- A Pointed Death by Kath Russell
- The Green Man by Lee Mather

Added to my TBR pile (oh well, you win some and you lose some! :))


Taken off my TBR pile and sent to a new home (Yay! Happy Dance! :))

Well, there it is...the breakdown! All in all, a very good reading year for me. Here's a further breakdown:

Books Read: 28
Pages Read: 5,475
Grade Range: A+! to B+!

So, there you go! The reading year that was 2011! I hope that you all had an equally good reading year; if not a little better. :) See you all next year! :)

May you read well and often

0 comments: