Alyssa K. Harrell and Marlene Siegal, DVM - Demi and the Dolphins: A Lesson in Ecology

Monday, November 14, 2011

26. Demi and the Dolphins: A Lesson in Ecology by Alyssa K. Harrell and Marlene Siegal, DVM (2011)
Length: 108 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 13 November 2011
Finished: 14 November 2011
Where did it come from? Many thanks to the publisher for sending me a copy of the book to read.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 12 October 2011.
Why do I have it? I have always considered myself an animal lover with a special love for dolphins.

Captain Demi is the youngest tuna boat captain ever. She is smart, stubborn and as such willing to break the laws protecting dolphins from tuna fishing nets on the ocean. Demi's mind and heart is changed due to the intervention of the mythical god Neptune who turns her into a dolphin so that she can see life from the sea creatures perspective.

I really enjoyed this story written by a ten year old animal lover. It is a wonderful opening lesson on ecology. I give it an A!

A! - (90-95%)

May you read well and often

0 comments: