Andrew Friedman - Say Not What If

Friday, November 11, 2011

24. Say Not What if by Andrew Friedman (2011)
Length: 51 pages
Genre: Short Story
Started/Finished: 11 November 2011
Where did it come from? Many thanks to Andrew for sending me a copy of this book to read.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 10 November 2011.
Why do I have it? I do really like short stories but I haven't read much lyrical poetry.

This is a 10,000 word rhyming poem on the importance of time, and living for the now the best you can. It also discusses the morality of the death penalty as well. A man is given the death penalty after murdering a ten-year-old girl. He has spent his life overworking at his job, ignoring his wife and generally living the good life for himself. Fate allows him to witness the outcome of his actions in murdering the little girl - the lives and possibilities that he ruined by his vile act. 

I, myself, am neither for nor against the death penalty but can certainly understand the feelings of victims of violent crimes who believe that the only justice they can find is in fulfilling the death penalty. I give this story an A! It is very thought-provoking.

A! - (90-95%)


May you read well and often

0 comments: