Jacquitta A. McManus - Anyia: Dream of a Warrior

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

3. Anyia: Dream of a Warrior by Jacquitta A. McManus (2010)
Labyrinth's Door Book 1
Length: 64 pages
Genre: Fantasy
Started/Finished: 12 January 2011
Where did it come from? Many thanks to Jacquitta for sending me a copy of this book to read.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 20 July 2010
Why do I have it? I like fantasy and Jacquitta A. McManus is a new author for me.

Anyia has always dreamed of being a warrior, a forbidden art for the women of her village. Amoondia is the only woman ever to become a warrior - her name legend in her community. Anyia attempts to find Amoondia to learn from her, but will Anyia's one act of disobedience be her last when she is kidnapped and used as a pawn in the coming war. I really enjoyed this middle grade story that also has activities for children as well. Anyia has the makings of a strong will that will carry her through other stories. I give this book an A!


A! - (90-95%)
May you read well and often

0 comments: