Laina Turner-Molaski - Stilettos and Scoundrels

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

16. Stilettos and Scoundrels by Laina Turner-Molaski (2010)
Presley Thurman Mysteries Book 1
Length: 326 pages
Genre: Contemporary Mystery
Started: 10 May 2011
Finished: 18 May 2011
Where did it come from? Many thanks to Bobbie at Nurture Book Tours for sending me a copy of this book to read.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 6 May 2010
Why do I have it? I like contemporary mysteries and Laina Turner-Molaski is a new author for me.

Presley Thurman has recently been fired from her job - which has left her free to follow her dream of writing. Her friend offers her a job writing for his magazine. Her first assignment is to interview a well-known senator from her own hometown and when that senator is murdered, Presley sets out to find a killer first out of a need to keep her job and then out of curiosity. Presley is determined to solve the mystery until she meets Cooper Sands, head of the senator's security. Cooper was a one-time fling and his good looks are extremely distracting and he knows it. He's trying to relive old memories with Presley. The suspects are mounting up but can Presley keep on the task at hand?

I enjoyed this story; I found the characters likeable and well-drawn. I didn't really follow all the shopping metaphors, but the storyline moved along quickly and I give the story an A!

A! - (90-95%)


May you read well and often

0 comments: