Reading Wrap-up For December at Emeraldfire's Bookmark

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hello everyone out there and I hope that you all had a terrific reading month for yourselves. I am known as Emeraldfire around the Internet and this is a reinstatement of my personal reading blog. I originally posted my reviews on my old Blogger blog Emeraldfire's Bookmark but am now in the process of transporting all my old reviews over from Shelfari.

Anyway, I started out December with about two hundred unread books lying around the house and ended the month with...umm...uncountable amounts of books unread. All of the books that I acquired this month came from BookmoochPaperback Swap  or the authors and publishers for review. I have bought several new books as ebooks as well.

Let me try to break down the influx for you:

Changes to the TBR pile:

Read from my TBR pile (Yes! I am a reading machine! I think?)
Laughing Through Life by Connie Corcoran Wilson
Dark Star: Confessions of a Rock Idol by Creston Mapes

Added to my TBR pile (Wait! Didn't I just clear a space over there? What are more books doing there - oh yeah, I'm a reviewer! :))
- Treasure Me by Christine Nolfi
The Dome by Nova Sparks
The Domerevelation by Nova Sparks
The Wish by Gail Carson Levine
- The Discovery of Jeanne Baret: A Story of Science, the High Seas, and the First Woman to Circumnavigate the Globe by Glynis Ridley
Matching Wits With Venus by Therese Gilardi
The Magi by Kevin M. Turner
Shadow Cay by Leona Bodie
The New Death and Others by James Hutchings
In Leah's Wake by Terri Guiliano Long
The Chronicles of Kerrigan Book 1: Rae of Hope by W. J. May
- The Elf Queen of Shannara by Terry Brooks
Cupid Calling by Stacy Brown, Karen L. King and Patricia Waddell
Catching the Eagle by Karen Charlton
Harald Hardrada: The Last Viking by Michael Burr
Literally Dead by James Conroy
Of Faith and Fidelity: Geoffrey Hotspur and the War For St. Peter's Throne by Evan Ostryzniuk
The Hermetica of Elysium by Annmarie Banks
The Eighth Scroll by Dr. Laurence B. Brown
Full Tilt by Creston Mapes
The Thirteenth Chime by Emma Michaels
- Anasazi by Emma Michaels
The Morning Afterlife by Sonnet O'Dell
The Summoner by Layton Green
The Egyptian by Layton Green
Cheat the Hangman by Gloria Ferris
- Red-Robed Priestess by Elizabeth Cunningham
- War For the Oaks by Emma Bull
- Happy Birthday to Me by Brian Rowe
- Happy Birthday to me Again by Brian Rowe
- The Sexiest Time of the Year: Erotic Encounters at the Yule Season edited by Sascha Illyvich

Well, there it is...the breakdown. Holy Mackerel! I need to read more next month. Here's a further (shaming) break down:

Books Read: 2
Pages Read: 518
Grade Range: A+!


So, there you go! The month that was December. All in all, a terrible reading month for me. I hope that you all had a better reading month than I did. Maybe a whole lot better! See you next month. :)

May you read well and often

0 comments: