Shirin Yim Bridges - Artemisia of Caria

Sunday, July 24, 2011

21. Artemisia of Caria by Shirin Yim Bridges (2010)
The Thinking Girl's Treasury of Real Princesses Book 2
Length: 24 pages
Genre: Non-Fiction
Started/Finished: 24 July 2011
Where did it come from? Many thanks to the lovely tour guides at Goose Bottom Books for sending me a copy of this book to read.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 10 May 2011
Why do I have it? I do enjoy true history geared toward children and Shirin Yim Bridges is a new author for me.

Artemisia of Caria was the first ruling Queen of ancient Greece. She was made an Admiral by the Persian King Xerxes and fought in many battles. I found it interesting that Artemisia was taken so seriously at a time when Greek women were considered second class citizens.

I really enjoyed this book because I like history and tales of strong women. I give this book an A!

A! - (90-95%)


May you read well and often

0 comments: