Kathryn Meyer Griffith - The Heart of the Rose

Monday, August 22, 2011

23. The Heart of the Rose by Kathryn Meyer Griffith (1985) (Revised Author's Edition 2010)
Length: 266 pages
Genre: Historical Romance
Started: 19 August 2011
Finished: 22 August 2011
Where did it come from? Many thanks to Kathryn who sent me a copy of this book to read.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 7 November 2010
Why do I have it? I have enjoyed Kathryn Meyer Griffith's work since I read her book Witches back in high school.

Bronwyn is a lowly peasant girl forced to fend for herself and her sisters when her parents die. She finds work at a tavern as a barmaid and a singer. Her beautiful voice and kind nature soon attracts the attention of the nobility, just as her healing powers attract the gossiping whispers that she is a witch out to snare King Edward IV himself. Now, as England tears itself apart in civil war, Bronwyn finds herself trapped between two men - one intent on possessing her, no matter what the cost, and the other whom she has seen in her dreams.

But when she is set to burn as a witch, who will step forward to save her from the boiling hatred and intrigue. Will jealousy and greed claim her soul, or will her heart win in the end? I found this story very interesting and enjoyable. It was Ms. Griffith's first ever published and I have to say that except for some paranormal elements in the story, this is primarily an historical romance. I know and enjoy Ms. Griffith's horror books better, but as a first story, The Heart of the Rose by Kathryn Meyer Griffith is a very enjoyable read. I give it an A!

A! - (90-95%)


May you read well and often

0 comments: