Duncan Whitehead - An Actor's Life: A Short Story

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

23. An Actor's Life: A Short Story by Duncan Whitehead (2013)
Length: 28 pages
Genre: Short Story
Started: 24 June 2013
Finished: 25 June 2013
Where did it come from? From Amazon
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 10 May 2013
Why do I have it? I like short stories and Duncan Whitehead is a new author for me.

It is Oscar night and people all around the globe - fans and Hollywood A-Listers alike - wait with baited breath for the ceremony to begin. Tonight, Sir Michael Brookes, one of the most admired and courteous actors ever to grace Hollywood, is nominated for two Academy Awards. If he wins both the 'Best Actor' and 'Best Supporting Actor' Awards, Sir Michael will have an unprecedented six Academy Awards to his name...

Meanwhile, sitting alone in his dingy London flat, is Terry Sparkes - Sir Michael's biggest fan and a fellow actor. As Terry watches the ceremony, he is completely unaware that this evening's telecast will change his life forever.

I enjoyed this story very much. There was a twist to it that I wasn't expecting. I give the story an A! I'm looking forward to reading Duncan Whitehead's next book some time soon.

A! - (90-95%)
 
May you read well and often

0 comments: