Amy Neftzger - Bedtime Stories For Dogs

Monday, June 10, 2013

20. Bedtime Stories For Dogs by Amy Neftzger (2011)
Length: 72 pages
Genre: Short Story
Started/Finished: 10 June 2013
Where did it come from? Many thanks to Amy Neftzger for sending me a copy of this book to read from Smashwords.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 21 November 2011
Why do I have it? I like short stories and have read and enjoyed Bedtime Stories For Cats by this author in the past.

This book features 21 short stories and fables written specifically for dog lovers of all ages. The topics range from mythology to magic and horror stories (for dogs) combined with canine poetry and a couple of essays written by a dog in order to help the rest of us understand canine logic and reasoning. The majority of the stories are actually the same stories that are found in the companion book, Bedtime Stories For Cats, only each story is written from the dog's perspective.

Many of the stories are sweet, amusing, poignant and informative, and even though I have never actually owned a dog (I prefer owning cats...I know, I know, I can hear the growls of outrage already from every canine in the vicinity! :)), I definitely have had the pleasure of meeting several dogs during my lifetime. I found myself recognizing certain canine traits and personalities as I read, that I could remember some of the dogs in my acquaintance displaying in the past.

I enjoyed reading this book very much. I honestly can't explain why I waited so long to read it, although in my defense, there are just so many great books out there that I want to read that there may be one or two that languish on my TBR pile for some time before I get to them. I give Bedtime Stories For Dogs by Amy Neftzger an A! 

A! - (90-95%)
     
May you read well and often

0 comments: