Amanda Tru - Yesterday

Monday, June 3, 2013

17. Yesterday by Amanda Tru (2012)
The Yesterday Series Book 1
Length: 114 pages
Genre: Fantasy
Started: 2 June 2013
Finished: 3 June 2013
Where did it come from? Many thanks to Kathy at I am a Reader, Not a Writer for sending me a copy of this book to read.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 17 May 2013
Why do I have it? I like fantasy, anything having to do with time travel and Amanda Tru is a new author for me.

Hannah Kraeger is driving to her sister and brother-in-law's travel lodge for a visit when a desperate and injured woman appears out of nowhere and begs Hannah for help. In a driving snowstorm, Hannah manages to do the impossible, and gets the severely injured family to her sister's lodge, where they are airlifted to hospital. She meets Seth McAllister - a medical student who is staying at the lodge - who treats Hannah for shock, then puts her to bed.

The next morning, Hannah wakes up and is desperate to learn about the condition of the family that she saved the night before. Her sister Abby and her brother-in-law, Tom are delighted to see her but are equally convinced that no such earth-shattering event happened when Hannah arrived the night before. There is no Seth McAllister staying at the lodge, no blinding snowstorm, and absolutely no car accident that could have injured four people.

There had been an horrific car accident that took place along the road to their lodge, but that had happened five years ago, and neither Abby nor Tom can tell Hannah what happened to the passengers of the car. Now completely befuddled, Hannah sets out to find out more about the car accident and her apparently mysterious talent for time travel. Although with each subsequent trip through time, Hannah changes the timeline and puts her own life in danger.

I completely loved this story! Right from the first sentence, the plot grabbed me and wouldn't let me go until the final page. I give Yesterday by Amanda Tru a big, blazing A+! Amanda Tru is a new author for me, but she definitely is an author who I can't wait to read more from in the future. I'm certainly looking forward to reading The Locket, the second book in the Yesterday Series, next.

A+! - (96-100%)
   
May you read well and often

0 comments: