Stacy Reid - The Duke's Shotgun Wedding

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

25. The Duke's Shotgun Wedding by Stacy Reid (2014)
The Scandalous House of Calydon Series Book 1
Length: 105 pages
Genre: Short Story
Started/Finished: 23 April 2014
Where did it come from? Many thanks to Tracee at Pump up Your Book for sending me a copy of this book to read.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 12 April 2014
Why do I have it? I like short stories and Stacy Reid is a new author for me.

Alright, so as far as rash decisions went, this perhaps wasn't the wisest course of action. But Lady Jocelyn Rathbourne's will had to remain strong. After all, desperate times called for desperate measures.

If the only way to save her family's estate and reputation was to aim a derringer pistol at the Duke of Calydon, then so be it. For Lady Jocelyn demands satisfaction - and she will have it at any cost. Even if it means demanding the hand of the dark and foreboding Duke himself. 

But Jocelyn has made the first move against a very dangerous opponent...For Sebastian Thornton is no callow youth to be trifled with. And the lady has just played her hand. Now, it's his turn...

Sebastian is in need of a wife. And to find a wife with such spirit and fire - even if she means to only marry him for his money - would be a great prize indeed. He intends to thoroughly take his pleasure with her...and demands his own satisfaction in return.

First of all, I must say that I wasn't entirely sure what to expect when I read this book. The title is intriguing, and actually is what first captured my attention. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the story, though. For its length, I found the plot and characters to be very well-developed. I give this book a definite A! and I look forward to reading more from this author in the future.

A! - (90-95%)
  
May you read well and often

0 comments: