Lily Maxton - The Affair

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

24. The Affair by Lily Maxton (2014)
The Sisters of Scandal Series Book 1
Length: 75 pages
Genre: Short Story 
Started: 21 April 2014
Finished: 23 April 2014
Where did it come from? Many thanks to Tracee at Pump up Your Book for sending me a copy of this book to read.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 12 April 2014
Why do I have it? I like short stories and Lily Maxton is a new author for me.

When a beautiful stranger races into his bookshop to escape a sudden rainstorm, Cale Cameron - well-known rake - is instantly attracted to her. And wholly unprepared by the force of his desire. Especially for a lady whose name he doesn't even know.

Elizabeth, Lady Thornhill, is restless and hungers for something more from life. Society would most certainly frown upon a respectable countess - even if she were widowed - fraternizing with a mere bookseller. Especially when that bookseller is the notorious rake, Cale Cameron.

As their passion ignites and their connection grows, his brief liaison with Elizabeth begins to threaten the one thing Cale has always protected - his heart. Letting her go is the only practical solution to this predicament...and the only option Cale can not possibly tolerate.

I must say that I enjoyed reading this book. I was intrigued by the story, and found the characters to be sympathetically drawn and extremely likable. I give this book an A! and am looking forward to reading further books in this series in the future.

A! - (90-95%)

May you read well and often

0 comments: