Holly Cook - The Sea Wife

Sunday, April 6, 2014

21. The Sea Wife by Holly Cook (2003)
Length: 309 pages
Genre: Historical Romance
Started: 6 March 2014
Finished: 6 April 2014
Where did it come from? From Bookmooch
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 18 February 2014
Why do I have it? I like historical romance and Holly Cook is a new author for me.

When Myles Dampier rescues her from drowning during a shipwreck, Sabina Grey initially believes him to be like the mythical selkie, a legendary seducer from the deep who meant doom to foolish maidens. However, Myles Dampier was no myth, but a flesh and blood Englishman - one who might resemble a hardened pirate, but acted more like a solicitous nursemaid. A man who Sabina fell in love with and married on the high seas.

Yet once they returned to London, Myles became a virtual stranger. He'd returned from exile in Australia in order to avenge himself against those whom he was convinced had stolen his youth. And he was determined to use any means necessary - even his lovely new wife - to do so.

But the man who had saved Sabina's life would not - could not - destroy her spirit or her heart with his obsession for vengeance...of that Sabina was certain. This time, she vowed, she would rescue him. She would show him that punishing the sins of the past, wasn't worth sacrificing the love in his future.

I actually wasn't too sure what grade to give this book. I really did enjoy reading the story, but I also was somewhat perturbed by the actions of some of the characters. Overall, though, I would give The Sea Wife by Holly Cook a definite A! I will certainly keep my eyes open for more books by this author.

A! - (90-95%)

May you read well and often

0 comments: