Graham Parke - A Gomessy New Year: Random Acts of Senseless Kindness

Sunday, December 26, 2010

31. A Gomessy New Year: Random Acts of Senseless Kindness by Graham Parke (2010)
Gomez! Book 2
Length: 26 pages
Genre: Short Story
Started / Finished: 26 December 2010
Where did it come from? Many thanks to Graham for sending me a copy of this book to read.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 25 December 2010
Why do I have it? I have always been interested in contemporary mysteries and Graham Parke is a new author for me.

Gomez Porter is at a loose end - he just recently inherited an antiques store after his parents had an accident, his girlfriend is acting strangely and he hasn't been invited to any New Year's parties. Add in a suspicious homeless man who seems to be testing him and it all adds up to quite a New Year for Gomez.

I have never read Mr. Parke's No Hope For Gomez!, so I think I missed some characters relationships but I did enjoy this short story. I give it an A!

A! - (90-95%)

May you read well and often

0 comments: