Introducing The Feast by Kathryn Elizabeth Jones!

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Kathryn Elizabeth Jones will be having a signing for her latest Christian Fiction book The Feast: A Parable of the Ring, at her West Valley City, Utah home on October 19, 2013 from 1 to 4 PM. The Feast is Kathryn's second book in her Parables Series - the sequel to Conquering Your Goliaths: A Parable of the Five Stones, which I read and reviewed in May of 2013.


Meet Kathryn Elizabeth Jones

When I was young I thought I had to sound like a great writer to be one. It was all so overwhelming; now I know I only need to sound like myself. My ideas come from two primary sources. My work might spark from the enlightening words of a friend, teacher or writing prompt. At other times, I am sitting in a very still space and the words I should write come to me like a powerful and glowing wind.

My favorite tool is the pen. Though computer keys get the words down quicker and easier, I like to put pen to paper, smell the ink, see the words as they are developed and renewed by new phrases or thoughts.

I enjoy traveling to wherever the character takes me. This often means even I am surprised and warmed at the outcome. In the end, when my writing is done, I like to watch the eyes of the reader whenever I can. Their reflective expression gives me the greatest glimpse into what my writing has become.

Before I was one, I loved to read books-or at least, pretend to. I couldn't walk yet but I would crawl to the bottom shelf for what I wanted. My Grandma says my books were placed near the floor for that very reason, and my mother speaks of me pulling my favorite book from the shelf and crawling back to the couch with the book safely in tow.

I would sit on the couch and pretend to read, speaking the language of some foreign diplomat-or perhaps, the tongue of angels, my mother wasn't quite sure which, and when I was done, I would crawl back to the shelf for another story.

When I am not writing I'm reading. I am an avid reader of the scriptures and books of spiritual merit. I have been married 30 years and enjoy teaching and working with youth and children-including my own three girls, three grand-daughters and grandson.

A published writer since 1987, I have published various newspaper and magazine articles for teens and adults.

For more information, be sure to visit Kathryn's website at www.ariverofstones.com.

Conquering Your Goliaths: A Parable of the Five Stones by Kathryn Elizabeth Jones (2012)
Length: 104 pages
Purchase your copy from Amazon!

Conquering Your Goliaths Blurb:

David gathered five smooth stones to meet and defeat Goliath. What did these stones represent and how can you use them to conquer Goliaths in your own personal quests? Ms. Virginia Bean will show you how.

Travel with her on her own personal journey. See what she does. Learn how she grows. Discover what she becomes.
 

Conquering your Goliaths—A Parable of the Five Stones is for anyone desiring to travel beyond mediocrity, pain and fear. Learn of the great power within you, a power given to you from God, a power that must ultimately be unleashed to conquer the Goliaths in your own life. Come to an even deeper understanding of God and what he wants for you. Come…

The Feast: A Parable of the Ring by Kathryn Elizabeth Jones (2013)
Length: 118 pages
Purchase your copy from Amazon

The Feast Blurb: 

Virginia had experienced the power and direction of the five stones; now, she would need to use them again.

For entirely different reasons.

Keeping her marriage together was not the only thing on her mind. Having a child wasn't going to happen in the usual way, and Virginia was determined that adoption was the answer. If she did all of the right things, said all of the right words; if she remembered the five stones in her journey to get her child, God would surely have to answer her.

It wouldn't be too difficult.


Parables Series:
Book 1: Conquering Your Goliaths: A Parable of the Five Stones
Book 2: The Feast: A Parable of the Ring

May you read well and often

0 comments: