Julianne Donaldson - Blackmoore: A Proper Romance

Friday, September 20, 2013

33. Blackmoore: A Proper Romance by Jullianne Donaldson (2013)
Length: 276 pages
Genre: Historical Romance
Started: 18 September 2013
Finished: 20 September 2013
Where did it come from? Many thanks to Cheryl at Shadow Mountain Publishing for sending me a copy of this book to read.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 5 August 2013
Why do I have it? I like historical romance and Julianne Donaldson is a new author for me.

Seventeen-year-old Katherine Worthington knows her heart and she knows that - despite her mother's wretched schemes and plans for her future - she will ultimately never marry. She is determined to join her Aunt Charlotte and travel to India instead - if only to quiet her restless spirit and to escape the family she abhors. But Kate's meddlesome mother has other plans. She strikes a bargain with Kate: Kate may certainly go to India, yes, but only after she has secured - and rejected - three marriage proposals.

Kate journeys to the stately manor of Blackmoore determined to fulfill her end of the bargain and enlists the help of her dearest childhood friend, Henry Delafield. But when it comes to matters of the heart, bargains are meaningless and plans are changeable. There on the wild lands of Blackmoore, Kate must face the truth that has kept her heart captive for so many years. Will the proposal she is so determined to reject actually be the one thing that will set her heart free?

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. The characters truly jumped off the page at me, and I felt such empathy for Kate's plight, that I was quite literally crying at certain points in the story. That might mean that I'm more tender-hearted than perhaps I should be, but it's a personality trait about myself that I wouldn't change. I give this book a definite A!

A! - (90-95%)

May you read well and often

0 comments: