Mike Hartner - I, Walter

Thursday, September 5, 2013

31. I, Walter by Mike Hartner (2013)
The Eternity Series Book 1
Length: 221 pages
Genre: Historical Fiction
Started: 2 September 2013
Finished: 5 September 2013
Where did it come from? Many thanks to Dorothy at Pump up Your Book for sending me a copy of this book to read.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 10 July 2013
Why do I have it? I like historical fiction and Mike Hartner is a new author for me.

Walter Crofter was born into a family of London shopkeepers in 1588. He never truly felt like he belonged within his own family - so by age eleven, Walter had run away and somehow found his way on to a British ship. For the next eight years, Walter sailed around the world and rose quickly through the ranks of the Merchant Navy.

Now at the age of 67, Walter looks back over a life lived during a period of turmoil - where politics and royal favor could turn deadly, shifting at a whim. With a family background such as his, can an honest boy stay true to himself and his principles?

I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book! It was such an engaging plot, and the characters fairly jumped off the page at me. I give this book an A+! and am eagerly awaiting the next book in the series, which will focus on the life of James Crofter, Walter's son.

A+! - (96-100%)

May you read well and often

0 comments: