Cheryl Kaye Tardif - Divine Sanctuary

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

48. Divine Sanctuary by Cheryl Kaye Tardif (2014)
The Divine Trilogy Book 3
Length: 209 pages
Genre: Paranormal Mystery
Started: 21 August 2014
Finished: 27 August 2014
Where did it come from? Many thanks to Dorothy at Pump up Your Book for sending me a copy of this book to read.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 20 June 2014
Why do I have it? I like paranormal mysteries and Cheryl Kaye Tardif is a new author for me.


Located deep in the woods of Mission, BC, behind wrought-iron gates, is the secluded compound known as Sanctuary. For many lost souls, Sanctuary represents a safe haven of acceptance and understanding for those who consider themselves rejected by society. Led by the charismatic Father Jeremiah, the inhabitants of Sanctuary willingly shun the outside world to follow his teachings and live a seemingly idyllic lifestyle. 

However, something insidious lurks behind the controversial cult's insulated existence. A lethal hunter is on the prowl, and his prey is the weak who call Sanctuary their home. When a newspaper reporter suddenly disappears while investigating Sanctuary, her frantic friend turns to CFBI Agent and Pyro-Psychic, Jasmine McLellan and the Canadian FBI's top-secret team of psychic investigators for their help. 

In this stunning finale of the Divine Trilogy, the suspense and heat is tripled when Jasi McLellan finds herself caught in the middle of three separate mysteries: finding and rescuing Emily, the little ghost girl who haunts her dreams; identifying her own mother's killer; and uncovering a murderer who is intent on playing a carefully orchestrated game of cat and mouse - one that guarantees the most casualties.

So, along with the other extremely talented members of her team: Victim Empath Natassia Prushenko, Psychometric Empath Ben Roberts and Special Consultant Brandon Walsh, Jasi pursues three divergent trails of clues that lead her to one terrifying but inescapable conclusion: home is not always the safest place on earth.

Before I say anything else, I must say that I just acquired Divine Intervention by Cheryl Kaye Tardif in July of 2014. I haven't had the chance to read the first book in this trilogy yet, and despite the warning at the beginning of the story that states this trilogy should be read in order, I read Divine Sanctuary first. Now that I've gotten that admission off my chest, may I just say how much I loved this book! 

In my opinion, the characters were so well-developed; the story was intriguing and well-written. I have always enjoyed reading mysteries that have paranormal aspects to them, and while this is the first book by Cheryl Kaye Tardif that I've ever read, I'm absolutely sure that it won't be my last. I give this book an A! and will certainly keep my eyes open for more books by Ms. Tardif.

A! - (90-95%)            
 
May you read well and often

0 comments: