Our Library Visit For June

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Hello Everyone! How are you on this fine Tuesday? I'm doing just fine. :) Well, Mom and I had hoped to go to our local library last Wednesday to celebrate my birthday at the library's perpetual book sale. Since last Wednesday was the actual date of my birthday, we were both so looking forward to going out; until both of us woke up on Monday morning, May 30th feeling absolutely horrible. As a result, we postponed my birthday outing until this afternoon.

So, Pamela drove Mom and I to the library today and dropped us off at approximately 12:15 P. M. We spent approximately an hour and a half happily perusing the Library Book Sale. Then Pamela picked us up again at about 2:30 P. M. and brought us back home. We had such a wonderfully relaxing time.

Between us, we bought 42 books at the Library Book Sale - 16 paperbacks, 13 oversized paperbacks and 13 hardcovers. We spent approximately $33 altogether. It turned out to be a fairly good haul for an annual birthday trip, if I do say so myself. ;) We were actually pretty restrained, completely filling up two canvas tote bags and that was all! :)

At the moment, I'm trying to decide which book I want to read next. I suppose I should be able to find something to read from the books that I acquired this afternoon. LOL!!!

May you read well and often

0 comments: