Gordon A. Kessler - Jezebel: A Horror Thriller Novel

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

9. Jezebel: A Horror Thriller Novel by Gordon A. Kessler (2001)
Length: 388 pages
Genre: Horror
Started: 11 January 2015
Finished: 4 March 2015
Where did it come from? From Amazon
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 26 July 2012
Why do I have it? I like horror and Gordon A. Kessler is a new author for me.

During the time typically referred to as the 'dog days' of summer, Animal Control Director Tony Parker and his assistant, the beautiful and seductive Sarah Hill, witness the strangest phenomenon they have ever seen in their careers. For some inexplicable reason, large dogs are turning on their owners and savagely attacking them. And it seems that with each attack, Tony Parker is being taunted by an unseen madman. He must discover a reason for all this insanity, and fast, because these murderous attacks have to stop.

Meanwhile, Jezebel, a gigantic black Great Dane has killed her master and is on the loose, terrorizing the city and stalking Tony and his family. So, it falls to Tony and Sarah to unravel this mystery and somehow put an end to all this carnage. Jezebel's reign of terror must be stopped at all costs; in fact, it has become imperative.

Because, you see, there is one other complication: Tony seems to have come down with an annoying little virus. No, it's not one of those irritating summer colds. It means certain death. Sleep lightly tonight, America, if you can...Jezebel is on the loose! She's a murderess, huge and black as a Hell-bound night, so you had better beware...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book - it was well-written and the plot was well-developed and fast-paced. The characters were sympathetically drawn and I really felt for them in their various troubled situations. I must say that even though they were vicious, bloodthirsty killers, I couldn't help feeling tremendously sorry for the dogs.

I just kept remembering back to watching the movie Cujo when I was about thirteen. Despite all the horrible mauling Cujo did, I still felt horribly sorry for the dog on some level. I would give this book a definite A! I'll certainly keep my eyes open for more books by Gordon A. Kessler to put on my Wish List.

A! - (90-95%)

May you read well and often

0 comments: