Emma Michaels - Owlet

Sunday, December 21, 2014

57. Owlet by Emma Michaels (2012)
The Society of Feathers Series Book 1
Length: 136 pages
Genre: Fantasy
Started: 15 December 2014
Finished: 21 December 2014
Where did it come from? Many thanks to Kathy at Ebooks For Review for sending me a copy of this book to read.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 18 October 2014
Why do I have it? I like fantasy and Emma Michaels is a new author for me.

For the past eight years, Iris has lived with a secret. She has amnesia but has absolutely no idea how the condition might have happened. She has never told a living soul about her lost memories - or the nightly dreams of falling white feathers and of flying to a mysterious snow-covered island - but after suffering an asthma attack one night she is forced to tell someone everything.

When she finally tells her father, and her caretaker and friend, Diana, about her situation, Iris discovers that her dreams of a strange house on a snowy island may actually be a memory resurfacing. Yet the more she learns about the past the more Iris realizes that the life she has been living is a lie. As the facade her father has built for both of them starts to crumble around her, Iris must decide which means more to her; the truth or her life.

I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. The story was fast-paced and well-developed, and I really enjoyed getting to know each of these characters. In my opinion, this was quite an interesting premise for a series, and I'm intrigued to know how The Society of Feathers Series will develop in subsequent books.

I give Owlet an A+! and despite having two other books by Ms. Michaels on my TBR pile - I think - Owlet is the first of Ms. Michaels works that I've actually read. I am so glad that I did; as I enjoyed this story immensely.

A+! - (96-100%)

May you read well and often

0 comments: