Mayra Calvani - Dark Lullaby

Monday, October 21, 2013

39. Dark Lullaby by Mayra Calvani (2011)
Length: 176 pages
Genre: Horror
Started: 17 October 2013
Finished: 21 October 2013
Where did it come from? Many thanks to Dorothy at Pump up Your Book and Mayra Calvani for sending me a copy of this book to read from Smashwords.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 27 September 2013
Why do I have it? I like horror and Mayra Calvani is a new author for me.

In a tavern one Friday night, astrophysicist Gabriel Diaz meets a mysterious young woman. Captivated by her ethereal beauty as well as her views on good and evil, he spends the next several days with her. Soon, however, he begins to notice a strangeness in her, especially the perverse way she seems to take pleasure in toying with his conscience.

The young woman, Kamilah, invites him to Rize, Turkey, where she claims her family owns a cottage in the woods. Despite a heavy workload, and the disturbing nightmares and visions he's having about his sister's baby that's due to be born soon, Gabriel agrees to go with her.

But nothing, not even the stunning splendor of the Black Sea, can disguise the horror of Kamilah's true nature. In a place where death dwells and reality and illusion seem entwined, Gabriel must come to terms with his own demons in order to save his sister's unborn child, and ultimately, his own soul...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. The story was very intriguing and I found myself wondering about Kamilah's true motives. I give this book an A+! and look forward to reading more from Mayra Calvani in the future.

A+! - (96-100%)

May you read well and often

2 comments:

Mayra Calvani said...

Thank you so much for your review! I really appreciate it!

I was wondering if you could post it on Amazon? :-)

Thanks in advance!
Mayra (I'm sharing this on FB and twitter)

Emeraldfire said...

You are more than welcome, Mayra. :) I will certainly post this review on Amazon as well!