Nicholas Sparks - The Notebook

Thursday, December 11, 2008

24. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks (1996)
The Calhoun Family Series Book 1
Length: 239 pages
Genre: Historical Fiction
Started: 5 December 2008
Finished: 11 December 2008
Where did it come from? From Walmart
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 5 January 2008
Why do I have it? I like historical fiction and Nicholas Sparks is a new author for me


For my #1 challenge (Reader's Choice), I read The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. Thirty-one year old Noah Calhoun comes back to North Carolina from World War II haunted by memories of a girl he had lost fourteen years earlier. Allie Nelson is twenty-nine and about to marry a wealthy lawyer, but before she marries she is determined to find the boy who stole her heart so long ago.

Allie and Noah have a deep and abiding love for one another. Surely such a love can turn tragedy into triumph and outlast even life itself. I give this romance an A+!

A+! - (96-100%)

May you read well and often

0 comments: