Alice Hoffman - Practical Magic

Monday, December 22, 2008

26. Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman (1995)
Length: 336 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 16 December 2008
Finished: 22 December 2008
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 12 October 2008
Why do I have it? I like contemporary fiction and Alice Hoffman is a new author for me.


For two hundred years the Owens women have been seen as witches - blamed for everything that went wrong in their tiny Massachusetts community. As children, Sally and Gillian Owens suffered the stigma of living with their aunts and thus being viewed as different.

As adults, they sought to escape Massachusetts - Sally by marriage and Gillian by running away. However, sooner or later the Owens sisters must come home as if by magic. I give this story a B+!

B+! - (89-94%)

May you read well and often

0 comments: