Shannon Drake - The Awakening

Saturday, November 15, 2008

20. The Awakening by Shannon Drake (2003)
The Alliance Vampires Series Book 5
Length: 384 pages
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Started: 8 November 2008
Finished: 15 November 2008
Where did it come from? From Walmart
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 5 January 2008
Why do I have it? I like paranormal romance and Shannon Drake is a new author for me.


For my #8 challenge (Spooky Story), I read The Awakening by Shannon Drake. In an attempt to save their failing marriage, New Orleans musicians Megan Merrill and Finn Douglas have come to Megan's hometown - Salem, Massachusetts to play a weeklong series of concerts, culminating on All Hallow's Eve. From the moment they arrive in Salem, however, Finn begins to change; loving and attentive one moment, cold and ruthless the next. The locals - even Megan's own relatives - regard him with distrust bordering on hatred.

As the time of the full moon draws nearer, Megan has terrifyingly real nightmares which make her begin to doubt her sanity and she is followed at night by an enveloping fog. She must soon face the fact that something has claimed Finn for its own and that her very soul is in mortal danger. I give this paranormal romance an A+!

A+! - (96-100%)

May you read well and often

0 comments: