Linda McCarter Bridge - Cats: Little Tigers in Your House

Saturday, September 16, 2017

32. Cats: Little Tigers in Your House by Linda McCarter Bridge (1974)
The National Geographic Society’s Books For Young Explorers Series Book 12
Length: 32 pages 
Genre: Non-Fiction
Started/Finished: 16 September 2017
Where did it come from? From Paperback Swap
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 14 September 2017
Why do I have it? I like non-fiction and Linda McCarter Bridge is a new author for me.

This short nonfiction book is all about the life of a mother cat named Fezziwig and her two newborn kittens, Toddly and Paddy Paws. The story actually follows the kittens’ life from newly born to two months old, using photographs to chart their growth and their interaction with the world around them. From Toddly’s and Paddy Paws’ first grooming session with their Mom to meeting several unique family members and making friends; from playing with each other to meeting their new humans: the two youngsters, Sam and Dana.

I think that this particular book would certainly be appropriate reading for young children who are just learning about how to care for animals. Although I didn’t really learn much more than I already knew about cats, I still enjoyed reading the cute story and looking at the photographs. I would give this book an A!

A! - (90-95%)

May you read well and often

0 comments: