Enid Blyton - The Adventures of Binkle and Flip

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

37. The Adventures of Binkle and Flip by Enid Blyton (1967)
The Bad Bunnies Series Book 1
Length: 185 pages 
Genre: Fantasy
Started: 7 October 2015
Finished: 18 November 2015
Where did it come from? This was a birthday present given to me by a friend when I was six years old.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 1 June 1984
Why do I have it? I like fantasy and have read and enjoyed several books by this author in the past.

Binkle and Flip are a pair of very naughty bunny rabbits who live in Oak Tree Town. Binkle is usually the instigator of many of the practical jokes that are played on the residents of Oak Tree Town; and he somehow always manages to get Flip involved in all of his schemes. From masquerading as chimney sweeps, to fooling their neighbor Herbert the Hedgehog into becoming a carnival attraction, Binkle and Flip are determined to make as much mischief as possible. 

At least until Wily Weasel the policeman catches them and makes them apologize. Each time that the bunnies are caught, they promise never to be naughty again but it doesn't last for long. I must say that I have never read this book before - or maybe I have and just can't remember when - but I still enjoyed reading this book very much. 

I have always enjoyed Enid Blyton as an author, and while this particular book was quite dated, I still found it very sentimental and nostalgic reading. I'm definitely putting this book back on my 'childhood favorites' shelf. I would give this book a B+!

B+! - (85-89%)

May you read well and often

0 comments: