Our Library Visit For June

Monday, June 1, 2015

Hello Everyone! How are you on this fine Monday? I'm doing just fine. :) Well, today is my birthday and as my special birthday request I asked to go to our local library's perpetual book sale and buy up the place. I was told 'the sky's the limit' as regards the number of books I could buy. However, my mom planned to be really strict with herself and not buy that many books. I think that I persuaded her to rethink her plan - after all it's my birthday and I don't mind sharing the good fortune with her; she's my mom! LOL!!! ;)

I think that I actually said to her, "As Birthday Girl, I decree that I be allowed to choose some of my mother's reading material today, and if 'the sky's the limit' for me, then that must also extend to my choice of books for my mom. As Birthday Girl, this is my decree, and I only ask that my mother doesn't limit me - Please!?!" I don't think that she can resist my 'Imperious Birthday Girl' tone - I use it so sparingly! ;) LOL!!!

Anyway, she and I got to the library at approximately 12:45 P. M., and a couple of close family friends met us there to wish me a very happy birthday and drop off a surprise picnic lunch for us to eat. It was drizzling rain very lightly, so we udecided to save the picnic until we arrived home. That left us carrying two coolers around with us until about 3:30 P. M. It actually worked out fairly well, as we set both coolers down beside a bench - the coolers were both slightly obscured from the sight of others, but still visible to us while we browsed the book sale that was set up in the same room.

Between us, we bought 50 books - 22 paperbacks and 28 hardcovers - and 5 jigsaw puzzles. We spent approximately $69 - $59 on books, and $10 on jigsaw puzzles. It turned out to be a pretty good haul for a birthday outing, if I do say so myself. ;) We actually ended up leaving the library with a total of seven full bags - that would be the two full coolers, a canvas bag, paper bag and two plastic bags full of books, and another paper bag for the jigsaw puzzles. We were loaded right up, but we had so much fun together.

At the moment, I'm debating whether to start reading The Lady and the Minstrel by Joyce DiPastena or Witchcraft Couture by Katarina West.

May you read well and often

0 comments: