Megan Tayte - Death Wish

Monday, June 22, 2015

24. Death Wish by Megan Tayte (2015)
The Ceruleans Series Book 1
Length: 305 pages
Genre: Fantasy
Started: 6 June 2015
Finished: 22 June 2015
Where did it come from? Many thanks to Kathy at Ebooks For Review for sending me a copy of this book to read. I downloaded a second copy of this book from Amazon.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 8 April 2015 from Kathy at Ebooks For Review; Since 19 June 2015 from Amazon.
Why do I have it? I like fantasy and Megan Tayte is a new author for me.

Seventeen-year-old Scarlett Blake had always felt that she had lived in the shadow of her older sister, Sienna. Sienna was eighteen: lovely, vivacious, dramatic, the life of the party. Which is why Scarlett is so haunted by her sister's sudden death. True, the sisters had never been especially close - even with a ten month age difference between them - but Scarlett had always felt a sisterly bond of some sort.

Her estranged sister, it seemed, had made the ultimate dramatic exit. Running away from her boarding school, joining a surfing fraternity on a lark, partying hard: that all sounded like typical Sienna-style antics to Scarlett. But walking fully clothed into the sea during a violent thunder storm after leaving a party - that didn't make any sense at all. Yes, Sienna was a wild child, she lived life right on the edge - but she wasn't suicidal. Scarlett knew how much Sienna loved life; loved living too much to throw it all away.

Determined to find out what really happened, Scarlett follows in her sister's footsteps. She arrives at the secluded English cove where Sienna had lived for the last few months of her life. She has come alone, determined to uncover the truth for herself. Yet she never reckoned on meeting two boys who are determined to help her.

There is Luke: the handsome blue-eyed surfer with the easy smile who'll see the real Scarlett, who'll challenge her, who'll save her. And Jude: the elusive, enigmatic drifter with a strange knack for turning up whenever Scarlett's in need.

As Scarlett's quest for the truth unravels, so too does her grip on reality as she knows it. Because there is something decidedly strange going on in this little cove. A gravely injured magpie suddenly circles the sky; a dying fawn watches her from the undergrowth. Hands glow with an inexplicable light; imbued with undeniable warmth and an indescribable feeling of power.

What transpires for Scarlett is a summer full of discoveries: discoveries about Sienna; and discoveries about herself. Learning what it means to conquer fear. Falling in love. Choosing life. Choosing death. A summer to believe the impossible.

I must say that I really enjoyed reading this book. In my opinion, it was poignant and well-written, and I found myself really feeling for the characters. I'm totally caught up in the story and want to know what happens next. This is actually the first book that I've read by this author, but I'm eagerly awaiting the next book in the series. I give Death Wish by Megan Tayte an A! and will definitely be putting Megan Tayte's name on my Wish List.

A! - (90-95%)

May you read well and often

0 comments: