Michael Phillip Cash - Schism: The Battle For Darracia

Friday, June 20, 2014

35. Schism: The Battle For Darracia by Michael Phillip Cash (2013)
The Battle For Darracia Saga Book 1
Length: 202 pages
Genre: Science Fiction
Started: 9 June 2014
Finished: 20 June 2014
Where did it come from? Many thanks to Michael Phillip Cash and to Red Feather Publishing for sending me a copy of this book to read. I received my first copy of this book from him in February. After it won a couple of awards, in April a second copy of the book arrived in the mail from Red Feather Publishing.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 8 February 2014; Since 2 April 2014
Why do I have it? I like science fiction and Michael Phillip Cash is a new author for me.

Darracia is a planet in turmoil. An ever-widening social gap between its inhabitants is causing severe unrest, and that is quickly fracturing a once peaceful world. Already struggling with his identity, nineteen-year-old Prince V'sair dreams of someday wielding the elusive Fireblade - the key to a warrior's heart. However, deep in his heart, he secretly doubts his worthiness to harness such immense power.

The impetuous young prince will soon be tested beyond the point of endurance. For the coming battle for supremacy will pit brother against brother - and in order to overcome his uncle Staf Nuen's lust for power, Prince V'sair will discover his true destiny. Will the energy of the Elements guide the young prince to that destiny or will Staf Nuen finally conquer Darracia?

I actually began reading this book back in April, but due to my schedule, I had to set the book aside temporarily. I am so delighted that I was eventually able to read this book when I did. I was completely drawn into the plot right from the start. Mr. Cash certainly knows how to create believable, well-developed and true-to-life characters - even if they are aliens from another planet! - and an engrossing and intriguing plot.

I give this book a definite A+! I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, and look forward to reading the next book in the series - Collision: The Battle For Darracia - sometime very soon.

A+! - (96-100%)

May you read well and often

0 comments: