Celia Bonaduce - A Comedy of Erinn

Thursday, May 1, 2014

28. A Comedy of Erinn by Celia Bonaduce (2013)
The Venice Beach Romance Series Book 2
Length: 231 pages
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Started: 27 April 2014
Finished: 1 May 2014
Where did it come from? Many thanks to Dorothy at Pump up Your Book and to Jaidis for sending me a copy of this book to read.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 5 March 2014
Why do I have it? I like contemporary romance and Celia Bonaduce is a new author for me.

Erinn Wolf is looking to reinvent herself. A once celebrated playwright who had taken Broadway by storm in the 1980's, she is now a struggling photographer living in California. Erinn is almost broke, a little lonely, and tired of being a source of her sister's constant worry. 

When a producing job on a reality TV show falls into her lap, Erinn is absolutely thrilled to be finally making a paycheck. And when a handsome Italian actor named Massimo rents her guesthouse, she's certain her life will soon include a romantic subplot. Life is certainly looking up for Erinn.

But with the director - brash, gorgeous young Jude - dogging her every step, Erinn can't help but start seeing herself through his lens - and wonder if she's been reading the wrong script all along...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I thought that this story was fast-paced and funny; and I found that the characters were really well-rounded and likable. I was drawn into the plot right away and wanted to see how the story would eventually develop. I give A Comedy of Erinn by Celia Bonaduce a definite A!

This is the second book in The Venice Beach Romance Series, although it doesn't necessarily have to be read in that order. I would certainly love to read the other two books in this series - The Merchant of Venice Beach and Much Ado About Mother - in the future.

A! - (90-95%)
              
May you read well and often

0 comments: