Publishing Hearts Connecticut Online Auction to Benefit the Victims and Families of the Sandy Hook Shooting

Tuesday, December 18, 2012


On December 18, 2012 I received an email from young adult author, S. R. Johannes - author of the best-selling Nature of Grace series and the tween paranormal, On the Bright Side. She and two very caring and devastated ladies - Miral Sattar and Kate Tilton - have joined forces to host a fundraiser within the publishing industry. The auction began on December 17, 2012 at 9 A. M. EST and all money raised will go to help The Sandy Hook Relief Fund to benefit the victims' families.

As Shelli herself says,
"We are devastated about the tragic events that happened last Friday. As parents, we are horrified. It cut me so deeply I needed to do something with that energy and make it positive. Maybe help in some small way. We understand that money could never replace any lives." 
"But from my perspective - as a parent, mother, I needed to do something to give back. I have children 5 and 8. They attend an elementary school in our neighborhood. We actually went through a lock down last year due to an armed robber in our neighborhood."
"In the end, all the children were fine and there were no events. But, I know the feeling of receiving that robo call about a lock down at the school and the quiet desperation I felt waiting to find out my kids were safe. I cannot imagine how I would feel if things had gone differently. We were obviously the lucky ones.

For more information: 

Check out the list of items
The auction rules
What to expect?

If you do not see any items you need/want, please consider donating directly to the United Way!

If you have any questions, please email me at shelli@srjohannes.com.


The picture used above comes directly from the Publishing Hearts Connecticut website, and no copyright infringement is intended. 

May you read well and often

0 comments: