Connie Corcoran Wilson - Hellfire and Damnation II

Thursday, December 13, 2012

5. Hellfire and Damnation II by Connie Corcoran Wilson (2012)
The Hellfire and Damnation Series Book 2
Length: 170 pages
Genre: Horror
Started: 11 December 2012
Finished: 13 December 2012
Where did it come from? Many thanks to Tracee at Pump up Your Book for sending me a copy of this book to read.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 17 November 2012
Why do I have it? I love Connie Corcoran Wilson as an author and have read and enjoyed several books by this author in the past.

Hellfire and Damnation II is the sequel to Connie Corcoran Wilson's first book of short stories that she published in 2011. This book is another tour of Dante's 'Nine Circles of Hell' from his Inferno. It features eleven original short stories: from the 132-year-old corpse of Norwegian immigrant Ole Monson seeking revenge against the living for the desecration of his final resting place in 'Cold Corpse Carnival' to the most intimate betrayal suffered between two brothers in 'The Bureau'. Each story highlights its particular Circle in a novel way, but is partially based on fact as explained by the author at the end.

I really enjoyed this book - it was suitably horrific for me. Each story is well-crafted and believable, and I found myself very satisfied with each story's pacing. I give Hellfire and Damnation II an A+! and I look forward to reading more books by Connie Corcoran Wilson in the very near future!

A+! - (96-100%) 

May you read well and often

0 comments: