Cynthia Roberts, Author of The Iroquois Series, Opens up About the Importance of Writing in Her Life

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I would very much like to welcome Cynthia Roberts, author of three published books. Ms. Roberts was nice enough to answer some questions for me about her various literary inspirations, her books, and her writing plans for the future. Thank you so much for stopping by Emeraldfire's Bookmark, Ms. Roberts, and I wish you all the best now and in the future!

Meet Cynthia Roberts: 

I have been writing since a Crayola was placed in my hand. My love of reading romance fiction goes back to those early years when I was raising a young family.

I wish I could have gotten to this point in my career much sooner rather than later but, life simply got in the way far too many times. I know because of those detours I have become a more passionate and expressive writer and draw upon those moments in my past many times.

Synopsis of Wind Warrior:

Leslie Michaels is a visionary, and only those close to her know of her special gift and the visions that come when her mind and body surrender to sleep. Fate has a way of righting many wrongs, and for Leslie it is a destiny that changes her life dramatically. But not before she is forced to flee into the wilderness to escape a murderous trapper bent on claiming her for his very own. 

Faith and a strong will to survive are her only companions, until she encounters Winnokin, the handsome Seneca war chief who first came to her in her dreams. Not only does he prove to be her rescuer and protector, he teaches her that tragedy can breed happiness and the passion to live and love deeply once again. Wind Warrior plunges readers into the intimate depths of a relationship that unfolds like a live drama before their eyes while painting an insightful and intriguing portrait of Native Indian life in the 1800s. 

It is a story of longing, of a wanton need to survive all odds, and a love so strong it conquers human evil. Wind Warrior expresses with cunning words the simple, raw human emotions that hold readers spellbound and captivate their hearts.

Coming to Amazon June 15, 2010!

Emeraldfire's Bookmark: You are an author who is new to me, where do you live?

Cynthia Roberts: I’m a newbie straight out of the running gate…a little later than most starting out in this business but with a fire in my gut that burns a lot hotter. Are you ready for this…we not only live in the same state Mareena but we’re practically neighbors. I live in Cohoes about a 15 minute drive from you.

Emeraldfire's Bookmark: If you hadn’t needed to start writing, do you think you would have done so at any point in your life?

Cynthia Roberts: Most definitely. It was sooo inherent, it was inevitable. Ever since a Crayola was placed in my hand, I was scribbling and making sense of something on paper. Sadly, life just got in the way and it has taken me until my more mature years (chuckle chuckle ) to make the dream happen.

Emeraldfire's Bookmark: Do your children enjoy writing as well?

Cynthia Roberts: Not a lick of it…weird hah? My son Jason is in law enforcement and hates to even fill out reports. My daughter Alyssa loves to read, writes beautifully when she has something to express but adores her job as an esthetician.

Emeraldfire's Bookmark: Everyone’s life’s shadows influence them in some way, how have yours influenced your writing?

Cynthia Roberts: Life this past decade has been one heck of a challenge and growth spurt for me. If I came away with anything, I know that I’m a better writer because I know how to describe raw emotion…I lived it. It’s amazing how fate has a plan for you…even if you don’t agree with it, somehow it all works out in the end if you’re willing to see it for what it is…another chapter. 

The end of my marriage nearly devastated me. When you get plowed under and never see it coming, it pulls your soul from you. It took me a while to find mine and prove to myself there was something better and that was my dream to write.

May you read well and often

0 comments: