Madison Carter - Fifth Grade Music Teacher and Reluctant Sorceress - Talks to Christine Amsden About Learning to Trust Herself and Finding Love

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

I would very much like to welcome both Christine Amsden, author of the paranormal romance, Madison's Song and Madison Carter - a fifth grade music teacher and reluctant sorceress - to Emeraldfire's Bookmark. Ms. Carter may have played a minor role in The Cassie Scot Series, but she has certainly come into her own and shines in Madison's Song.Thank you so much for stopping by Emeraldfire's Bookmark, Ms. Amsden and Ms. Carter and I wish you all the best now and in the future!

Meet Christine Amsden

Christine Amsden has been writing fantasy and science fiction for as long as she can remember. She loves to write and it is her dream that others will be inspired by this love and by her stories. Speculative fiction is fun, magical, and imaginative but great speculative fiction is about real people defining themselves through extraordinary situations. Christine writes primarily about people and relationships, and it is in this way that she strives to make science fiction and fantasy meaningful for everyone.

At the age of 16, Christine was diagnosed with Stargardt’s Disease, a condition that effects the retina and causes a loss of central vision. She is now legally blind, but has not let this slow her down or get in the way of her dreams. (You can learn more here.)

In addition to writing, Christine teaches workshops on writing at Savvy Authors. She also does some freelance editing work.

Christine currently lives in the Kansas City area with her husband, Austin, who has been her biggest fan and the key to her success. They have two beautiful children.

Synopsis of Madison's Song

Her voice is enchanting; his soul is black…

Madison Carter has been terrified of Scott Lee since the night he saved her from an evil sorcerer – then melted into a man-eating monster before her eyes. The werewolf is a slave to the moon, but Madison’s nightmares are not.

Despite her fears, when Madison’s brother, Clinton, is bitten by a werewolf, she knows there is only one man who can help. A man who frightens her all the more because even in her nightmares, he also thrills her.

Together for the first time since that terrible night, Scott and Madison drive to Clinton’s home only to discover that he’s vanished. Frantic now, Madison must overcome her fears and uncover hidden strengths if she hopes to save him. And she’s not the only one fighting inner demons. Scott’s are literal, and they have him convinced that he will never deserve the woman he loves.

*Stand-alone companion to the Cassie Scot Series

Coming to Amazon and Barnes and Noble on October 15, 2015!

Meet Madison Carter

Hi, I'm Christine Amsden, author of the new paranormal romance novel, Madison's Song. I'm pleased to be here with Madison Carter at the beginning of her adventure. (So no spoilers!)

A few things you should know about Madison: She doesn't know that her life is about to get turned upside down. She's a bit on the shy side, so if she seems nervous during the interview, that's why. But she's creative, talented, and fiercely loyal. I'm not sure that she would describe herself that way, but as the author, I get the final say. :)

And now, without further ado, here's Madison!

Christine: Hi, Madison, thanks for being here today.

Madison: No problem. I'm not sure why I'm here, though. Are you sure you didn't want to talk to my best friend, Cassie?

Christine: I'm sure. Cassie's story is over, but people are still very curious about you.

Madison: Why?

Christine: For a lot of reasons. But let's start with the obvious: Were you or were you not nearly killed two years ago?

Madison (shudders): Do we have to talk about that?

Christine: No, but I don't feel like we ever got the full story there. I know Scott saved you, but now you keep your distance from him. Why? 

Madison: He's a werewolf.

Christine: I see.

Madison: He nearly killed me, after he saved me.

Christine: Ah. Well, werewolves aren't exactly overgrown puppies, are they?

Madison: No. I burned a couple of werewolf romance novels after that night. Can we talk about something else? Anything else?

Christine: Okay, I understand that a year ago you lost your fiance and your unborn baby on the same night.

Madison: Okay, maybe not anything else. (Bites her lip.)

Christine: You do that a lot, don't you? Bite your lip?

Madison (blushes): Only when I'm nervous.

Christine: Why did your fiance leave you?

Madison: Because he found out that I was Victor Blackwood's biological daughter and he was at war with the Blackwoods at the time. He thought I knew, that I was some kind of spy! But that's not what really hurt.

Christine: What really hurt?

Madison: My dad, the man who raised me, sold the information for $10,000. That's how much I was worth to him, in the end.

Christine: Were you really in love with Nicolas?

Madison: Maybe not. It probably would have hurt more if I had been. Can we talk about something else? Again?

Christine: Okay. Let's talk about your life right now, is that okay?

Madison: Sure. What do you want to know?

Christine: What are you up to? What are your hopes and dreams? 

Madison: I'm a music teacher at Eagle Rock Elementary. I love my kids; this is the best job. I know many people who major in music want to perform, but not me. I'm happy just sharing music with my kids. This is what I want to do. What I want to be.

Christine: So you're happy?

Madison: Well...

Christine: What's wrong?

Madison: Nothing, probably. I haven't heard from my brother, Clinton, in a few weeks. I'm getting worried. 

Christine: Are you two close?

Madison: As close as we can be. Out mother died when we were young and our father...well, he claims to love his “real” child but he was never that great a dad. Mostly, all we had growing up was each other.

Christine: That sounds lonely.

Madison: Yeah.

Christine: What do you want, Madison? What do you want more than anything else?

Madison: A family. It's hard to trust, though, when you've been betrayed so many times.

Christine: I can imagine.

Madison: Can I ask a question now?

Christine: Okay.

Madison: Does this interview mean that something bad is going to happen to me? I mean, nobody wants to read the exciting adventures of a grade school music teacher.

Christine: Maybe not, but we'd probably want to listen if we could hear you sing. Your voice is enchanting.

Madison: It's not my fault. It just happens. I mean, when I sing, whatever I feel, other people feel it too.

Christine: It's a gift.

Madison: My dad didn't think so.

Christine: And your dad isn't getting a happily ever after.

Madison: Am I?

Christine: We'll have to read the book to find out. Thanks so much for being here, and good luck!

May you read well and often

2 comments:

Christine Amsden said...

Thank you so much for hosting!

Emeraldfire said...

You are so welcome, Ms. Amsden!