Corinne O'Flynn - Half Moon Girls

Saturday, May 9, 2015

20. Half Moon Girls by Corinne O'Flynn (2015)
Kindle Worlds Novella: The Lei Crime Series Book 6
Length: 75 pages 
Genre: Short Story 
Started: 6 May 2015
Finished: 9 May 2015
Where did it come from? From Amazon
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 12 April 2015
Why do I have it? I like short stories and Corinne O'Flynn is a new author for me.

In her time with the South Hilo Police Department in Hawaii, Detective Leilani Texeira has seen any and all manner of evil crimes perpetrated against the innocent. Despite Hawaii having a justified reputation with the tourists for being an idyllic island paradise, Lei often finds herself astounded that even paradise can hide such a dark side. As a matter of fact, Lei's present case is turning out to be just that sort of inexplicable crime.

Lei is called in to investigate a murder on Kaua'i. The body of a young woman - wrapped tightly in a net, and with an unusual tattoo on her ankle - has been discovered washed ashore on the beach. As soon as Lei sees the victim's body for herself, she is immediately struck by one thing: the dead young woman looks eerily similar to herself. Also, upon further inspection, Lei notices that what she originally thought was a tattoo, seems to be more of a burn.

As she battles the traumatic memories that surface within her at seeing the victim's likeness, a friend calls; worried that her daughter hasn't come home yet. Lei soon discovers that the dead girl and the missing girl were friends and that they were last seen together at a party the previous day. Will Lei ultimately conquer her personal demons and capture a ruthless killer in time to rescue the captive?

I must say that I really enjoyed reading this book. In my opinion, this was a well-developed, dramatic plot that held my attention throughout the story. This is the first book that I have had the pleasure of reading by Corinne O'Flynn, but it will most definitely not be the last. I give this book an A+! and I am certainly going to put some more of Corinne O'Flynn's work on my Wish List.

A+! - (96-100%)

May you read well and often

0 comments: