Nikki Rae - The Donor

Saturday, July 12, 2014

38. The Donor by Nikki Rae (2014)
The Donor Series Book 1
Length: 21 pages
Genre: Short Story
Started/Finished: 11 July 2014
Where did it come from? Many thanks to Nikki Rae for sending me a copy of this book to read.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 11 June 2014
Why do I have it? I like short stories and Nikki Rae is a new author for me.

Casey Williams is a recent high school graduate still living at home with her parents. Her family is as poor as church mice but both her parents and Casey work non-stop, trying to keep a roof over all of their heads. They're just about making ends meet - barely - but they're still managing to pay the bills each month.

Then the headaches start. And the inexplicable nosebleeds. And the inevitable doctor's bills. Casey needs help, and she needs it fast.

Fortunately for Casey, there is the website MyTrueMatch.com: an exclusive, quick, and relatively simple way to pay her own medical bills, and her parents wouldn't even have to know. All she has to do is meet with Jonah Black - MyTrueMatch's local representative - he would certainly be able to assist her.

I must say that my senses were on high alert right from the start of this story that something bad would happen to Casey - the entire situation was creepy to me, but I couldn't quite pinpoint what it was that made me so uneasy. I'm interested to discover how this novella will develop, but it certainly is an eye-opening start - I give The Donor Part One by Nikki Rae an A!

A! - (90-95%)
       
May you read well and often

0 comments: