Gwen Knight - A Hunter's Passion

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

13. A Hunter's Passion by Gwen Knight (2014)
Harlequin Nocturne Cravings Book 4 (February 2014)
Length: 92 pages
Genre: Short Story
Started: 22 February 2014
Finished: 25 February 2014
Where did it come from? Many thanks to Dorothy at Pump up Your Book for sending me a copy of this book to read.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 11 December 2013
Why do I have it? I like short stories and Gwen Knight is a new author for me.

Ryker Bennett has dedicated his entire life to hunting down - and eliminating - creatures of darkness. He and his brothers had learned early - from the deaths of their parents - that the only people they could truly count on and trust implicitly were each other. His occupation was certainly grueling - and dangerous - but never once did he question the righteousness of his duty.

But Ryker's latest assignment has him questioning everything he's ever believed in. Jenna Sinclair may be a witch, but she's also the only woman Ryker has ever loved. The 'one who got away' - who'd left him with a broken heart in the process.

Jenna believed that leaving Ryker two years ago was perhaps the hardest thing she'd ever done in her life. But it was for the best. Her decision to leave would save Ryker from having to choose between their forbidden love and his sworn duty.

However, when he eventually tracks her down, it's clear the desire between them burns as hot as ever - and that they'll have to walk through the flames to be together...

I must say that I generally love reading books from Harlequin. Usually I choose to read Harlequin Historical, Harlequin Intrigue, and some Harlequin Romance Suspense, as well. I guess I may have to add Harlequin Nocturne to my growing list.

I love reading paranormal romance, and although I thoroughly enjoyed reading Ryker and Jenna's story - it left me wondering when or if the rest of Ryker's brothers might get their own stories. I give A Hunter's Passion by Gwen Knight an A! and will definitely keep my eyes open for more from this author in the future.

A! - (90-95%)
 
May you read well and often

0 comments: