Norma-Jean Marie Connors - Taken

Thursday, November 1, 2012

3. Taken by Norma-Jean Marie Connors (2012)
The Hawthorn Series Book 1
Length: 404 pages
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Started: 23 October 2012
Finished: 1 November 2012
Where did it come from? From Amazon
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 6 July 2012
Why do I have it? I like paranormal romance and Norma-Jean Marie Connors is a new author for me.

In a town where everyone knows multimillionaire Victor Hawthorn, his only daughter Victoria mistakenly allows her heart to rule her head and falls in love with Evan Rowan - a charming, but ruthless attorney who desires to win at all costs. When Ria serves Evan with a prenuptial agreement at the behest of her father, he suddenly becomes furious and disappears, abandoning Victoria deep in the woods.

Having unwittingly become a pawn in Evan's devious plan to extort money from her family, Ria finds herself in danger at every turn. She is forever tied to Evan by blood, subject to his every whim, until a powerful stranger intercedes. Mystery surrounds the stranger's every move, but Ria is intrigued by his kindness and honor.

I truly enjoyed this book and was drawn into Ria's story from page one. It was incredibly suspenseful to me and I loved the interactions between all the characters. They became real to me as I read the story, and I look forward to reading more books in the series. I also enjoyed the Native American lore and legends that were woven throughout the story. I give this book an A! and have to say that Norma-Jean Marie Connors is definitely an author that is going on my Wish List.  

A! - (90-95%)

May you read well and often

0 comments: