Adrienne Barbeau and Michael Scott - Vampyres of Hollywood

Saturday, October 2, 2010

18. Vampyres of Hollywood by Adrienne Barbeau and Michael Scott (2008)
The Vampyres of Hollywood Series Book 1
Length: 336 pages
Genre: Paranormal Mystery
Started: 21 September 2010
Finished: 2 October 2010
Where did it come from? Many thanks to Adrienne's literary agent for sending me a copy of this book to read.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 8 August 2010
Why do I have it? I like paranormal mysteries and Adrienne Barbeau and Michael Scott are new authors for me.

Ovsanna Moore is known as the 'Scream Queen' of Hollywood. She is a horror movie actress and the head of Anticipation Studios - an up-and-coming studio hoping to become more well-known. Ovsanna is also known as the Chatalaine of Hollywood - a 500-year-old vampire who is leader of a clan of jet-setting actors and actresses known as the 'Vampyres of Hollywood'.

When the Hollywood A-List is shaken by the murders of three major stars - an Oscar winner, an ingenue and an action hero, they all have links to Ovsanna Moore. It's enough to draw the attention of Detective Peter King, who knows that the City of Angels hides many secrets and vices. Peter, however, can't even begin to know what secrets Ovsanna has to hide. When the cop and the sultry siren join forces to stop a serial killer, sparks fly and so do the creatures of the night.

I really enjoyed this story and give it an A+! I will certainly keep my eyes open for more from Ms. Barbeau and Mr. Scott.

A+! - (96-100%)

May you read well and often

0 comments: