James Boyle - Ni'il: The Awakening

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

13. Ni'il: The Awakening by James Boyle (2008)
The Ni'il Series Book 1
Length: 216 pages
Genre: Horror
Started: 17 July 2010
Finished: 27 July 2010
Where did it come from? Many thanks to Tracee at Pump up Your Book for sending me a copy of this book to read.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 17 June 2010
Why do I have it? I like horror and James Boyle is a new author for me.


Dan Connor is the Chief of Police in the tiny town of Placerton, Oregon and he has a big problem. Several dogs have gone missing and when the crimes escalate to include killings, Dan knows he's in trouble. The only witnesses to these crimes seem to be a pair of Native Americans who disappear before Dan can talk to them. When Dan's friend Stephanie Amis suddenly disappears the tension is racheted up and the suspect seems to enjoy the 'game' he's playing with Dan. Now faced with losing a second person he loves, Dan must come to terms with his newly-discovered powers and in the midst of a violent storm learn all he can about the Ni'il. This book is filled with brilliant Native American lore and I loved the buildup of terror in it. I give it an A! Highly recommended!

A! - (90-95%)

May you read well and often

0 comments: