Meriel Fuller - Conquest Bride

Saturday, May 2, 2009

5. Conquest Bride by Meriel Fuller (2005)
The Harlequin Historical Series Book 782
Length: 304 pages
Genre: Historical Romance
Started: 23 April 2009
Finished: 2 May 2009
Where did it come from? From Paperback Swap
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 18 April 2009
Why do I have it? I like historical romance and Meriel Fuller is a new author for me


For my #12 challenge (Romeo and Juliet), I read Conquest Bride by Meriel Fuller. Baron Varin de Montaigu was sent by King William to investigate his new Saxon subjects for possible treason. Varin knew something of treachery, especially when it came to a woman's traitorous nature. What he didn't expect was to meet Lady Eadita of Thunorslege, a sparkling Saxon elfin woman whose beauty bewitched him even as he was continually angered by her.

Lady Eadita of Thunorslege hated the Normans with every fiber of her being. She wanted them out of her home and her country at any cost. They had killed her father and turned her brother into an outlaw and her fury still burned bright. When she meets Varin, however, she can't deny the desire that burns between them. But will a secret from Eadita's past turn their mutual desire to ash? I enjoyed this historical romance very much and give it a B+!

B+! - (89-94%)

May you read well and often

0 comments: