Joni Parker - Blood Mission

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

17. Blood Mission by Joni Parker (2013)
The Seaward Isle Saga Book 3
Length: 301 pages
Genre: Fantasy
Started:  26 March 2015
Finished: 14 April 2015
Where did it come from? I originally downloaded a copy of this book for free from Amazon, although many thanks to Dorothy at Pump up Your Book and Joni Parker for sending me a copy of this book to read as well.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 2 November 2014 as an ebook; Since 11 February 2015 as a physical book.
Why do I have it? I like fantasy and I have read and enjoyed several books by this author in the past.

Lady Alexin - the orphaned half-elfin teenager and descendant of the Titans - wants to meet the Water Elves who are in her family. In order to meet her Elfin grandmother, she must make a formal request of Prince Darin, the current leader of the Water Elves and Alex's cousin. However, when Alex accidentally overhears a potential assassination plot against two of the most prominent Elves on Seaward Isle - Prince Darin of the Water Elves and Lord Odin of the Tree Elves - Alex is determined to raise the alarm as quickly as possible.

When she arrives just in time to halt the attempted assassination of both of them, Alex's original plans are temporarily delayed. Prince Darin and Lord Odin charge Alex - a young female tracker, with an incredibly dangerous yet intensely personal Blood Mission. Alex must hunt down and kill two people: the would-be assassin, as well as a former apprentice healer to Lord Odin, the rogue Elf Mellen. Mellen may be the most lethal foe Alex has ever faced; and as the main conspirator in the assassination plot, he has definitely proven himself to be a wily, yet patient opponent.

Yet Alex must complete her mission, or perish in the attempt. In this conclusion to the extraordinary fantasy trilogy, The Seaward Isle Saga, Blood Mission places the fates of kings and the safety of the inhabitants of Seaward Isle in the hands of a fifteen-year-old half-elfin warrior. Will Alex survive her mission long enough to discover her true destiny? When it seems like everyone wants her dead - or alternatively, wants to marry her - can Alex actually outwit her enemies and eventually defeat them?

I absolutely loved this entire trilogy, from start to finish. Blood Mission started off dynamically and the drama continued strongly throughout the entire story. The plot held my attention until the very end and I actually felt sad to be leaving these characters behind. I give Blood Mission by Joni Parker a definite A! and I look forward to reading more from this author in the future.

A! - (90-95%)

May you read well and often

2 comments:

Joni Parker said...

Thanks for your review. I truly appreciate the time you took to read my books and host them on your blog. Thanks again.

Emeraldfire said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, Ms. Parker. I'm really excited to read more about Alex and her further adventures.