Kacie Ramsey, Teenage Psychic and Paranormal Investigator With the Orion Circle, Opens up to Kimber Leigh Wheaton and to Emeraldfire's Bookmark About the Recent Changes in Her Life

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

I would very much like to welcome both Kimber Leigh Wheaton, author of the young adult Paranormal Thriller, Tortured Souls and Kacie Ramsey, a Paranormal Investigator with the illustrious Orion Circle, to Emeraldfire's Bookmark. The Orion Circle plays a major role in Ms. Wheaton's latest young adult paranormal novel Tortured Souls and with the author's permission, Kacie was nice enough to answer some questions for me about her life before and after joining the Orion Circle. Thank you so much for stopping by Emeraldfire's Bookmark, Ms. Wheaton and Ms. Ramsey, and I wish you all the best now and in the future!


Meet Kimber Leigh Wheaton

Kimber Leigh Wheaton is a bestselling YA/NA author with a soft spot for sweet roance. She is married to her soul mate, has a teenage son, and shares her home with three dogs, four cats, and lots of dragons. No, she doesn’t live on a farm, she just loves animals. Kimber Leigh is addicted to romance, videogames, superheroes, villains, and chocolate - not necessarily in that order. (If she has to choose, she’ll take a chocolate covered superhero!) She currently lives in San Antonio, Texas but has been somewhat a rolling stone in life, having resided in several different cities and states.

Synopsis of Tortured Souls:

Sometimes Rest in Peace isn't an option.

Kacie Ramsey sees ghosts - and it's ruining her life. Her mother left, her father blames her, and no matter how hard she tries, she can't keep the ghosts away. Now a new power has emerged. Nightly visions of grisly murders and a relentless predator draw her to the brink of insanity.

When the phantom appears at a party, Kacie's longtime crush, Logan, saves her. He invites her to join the Orion Circle, a group of supernatural hunters with chapters in schools all over the country. Through the Circle, Kacie learns to embrace her spiritual powers, and for the first time in her life she feels in control rather than a victim.

But the Foxblood Demon will not give up so easily. A demented serial killer in life who trapped the souls of the thirteen children he murdered, imprisoning them within the walls of his mansion. Now in death, he plots his return while drawing power from the pure souls of the children. He recognizes something in Kacie he's never seen before - a medium powerful enough to provide a vessel for his tainted soul.

Kacie can't ignore the tortured souls of the children crying out to her every night. With Logan at her side, she will fight the Foxblood Demon. But can they banish this powerful phantom, or will Kacie lose not only her body, but her eternal soul to the monster.

Coming to Amazon on June 28, 2014!

Meet Kassandra 'Kacie' Ramsey


I’d like to introduce Kacie Ramsey, the main character in Tortured Souls. Kacie is a physical medium and has been communicating with spirits her entire life. Welcome to Emeraldfire's Bookmark, Kacie!

Emeraldfire's Bookmark: So, Kacie, what was it like to finally find a group of people who understood and embraced your powers?

Kacie Ramsey: Heaven on Earth? Yeah, pretty close. It’s really hard going through life hiding who you really are from everyone. There were times in the recent past that I had to do a double take to make sure the person I was about to talk to was real and not a spirit -‘cause sometimes they appear almost alive. I can think of little worse than talking to a spirit only I can see in the middle of the school cafeteria…

Emeraldfire's Bookmark: Has that ever happened?

Kacie Ramsey: Not since I was a lot younger. At first I didn’t realize the spirits weren’t supposed to be there - that most people didn’t see them. I’d have long conversations with spirits. Looking back, I must have appeared crazy, talking to myself. Now that I’m older, I can tell spirits from people much easier. The spirits are always accompanied by a cool breeze - like someone cranked up the A/C. I prefer the spirits who look like ghosts should, you know transparent.

Emeraldfire's Bookmark: What was it like to be different from others around you?

Kacie Ramsey: In most instances, I say flaunt your differences. Those differences are what makes you interesting. However, since my difference could land me in a loony bin, I had no choice but to hide it. It was awful. Like the longer I held the spirits at bay, the more determined they became. I had no one to talk to. My best friend, Celia, believed in ghosts and even experienced a haunting, but she has no idea how minor that was compared to what I feel and see on a daily basis.

Emeraldfire's Bookmark: What about now? How is the Orion Circle helping you?

Kacie Ramsey: Well, first and foremost, they are teaching me how to channel my abilities in a more productive manner. Oh, and how to shield myself and block out spirits when I need to. Just the fact that I get to use my powers to help people makes a huge difference in how I feel about myself. I always thought my abilities were a curse, but now I can see them more as a gift. Through the Orion Circle, I’ve learned there are some bad things out there. I like being on the frontlines, investigating hauntings and other supernatural cases.

Emeraldfire's Bookmark: What does the future hold?

Kacie Ramsey: Hmm…I found out that my mother plans to visit for my sixteenth birthday in a couple months. I’m not sure how I feel about seeing her again. She has some kind of reconciliation planned, but I just don’t see it. Other than that, there’s never a dull moment being part of the Orion Circle. If it’s not ghosts, it’s a new coven of vampires, or an evil witch. Oh, and our new member, Blake, is stirring up all kinds of trouble with my friend, Raven. Things should be interesting.

May you read well and often

1 comments:

Kimber Leigh said...

Thanks for interviewing Kacie!