Melodie Campbell - Rowena and the Viking Warlord

Monday, August 25, 2014

47. Rowena and the Viking Warlord by Melodie Campbell (2014)
The Land's End Series Book 3
Length: 184 pages
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Started: 21 August 2014
Finished: 25 August 2014
Where did it come from? Many thanks to Dorothy at Pump up Your Book for sending me a copy of this book to read.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 21 June 2014
Why do I have it? I like paranormal romance and Melodie Campbell is a new author for me.


With her loved ones in peril, College instructor and accidental time traveler, Rowena Revel - the last hereditary witch of Land's End - casts a spell to turn back time in order to save them. While doing so had the desired effect, Rowena was completely unaware of the consequences. As Rowena's distant cousin and feared husband Cedric - the new Earl of the House of Huel - fights battles to the south, she unwittingly rides into an enemy camp and is taken prisoner by her old friend Lars, who is not what he seems.

Yet Rowena is certainly not helpless. After all, she is an half-trained witch with incredible fount of magic within her. Too bad she doesn't know how to use it. Escaping from the camp, Rowena begins the hazardous trek back to Huel, managing to botch up spell after spell along the way. Soon, her student and fellow time traveler, Kendra, joins her on the trek to Huel, along with her latest magical mistake - a flame-burping dragon named Cinders.

When war eventually comes to Land's End, it brings with it the one man who threatens to conquer everything in Huel - including Rowena's heart. Now she must make the biggest and hardest decision of her life. Will she return through the wall to the safety of present-day Arizona? Or will she stay in Land's End and fight to save her people from the Viking Warlord?

I will say that while this book was certainly very interesting, and I liked it immensely; I would probably have preferred to read the first two books in the series, before I read this one  Even though I read the prologue and was caught up enough on the plot to continue reading, and found this story really enjoyable; I still would have liked to read the first two books in this series to fill in any elements of the story that I may have been missing. I give Rowena and the Viking Warlord by Melodie Campbell an A! 

A! - (90-95%)
           
May you read well and often

0 comments: