Shirin Yim Bridges - Sorghaghtani of Mongolia

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

22. Sorghaghtani of Mongolia by Shirin Yim Bridges (2010)
The Thinking Girl's Treasury of Real Princesses Book 3
Length: 24 pages
Genre: Non-Fiction
Started/Finished: 10 August 2011
Where did it come from? Many thanks to the lovely tour guides at Goose Bottom Books for sending me a copy of this book to read.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 10 May 2011
Why do I have it? I do enjoy true history geared toward children and Shirin Yim Bridges is a new author for me.

Sorghaghtani of Mongolia was married to one of Ghengis Khan's sons and ruled her husband's lands for her sons. She ruled in her own right after her husband's death. This book covers how to pronounce names, what Mongols ate, how they dressed and their lifestyles. I enjoyed this book very much and give it an A+!


A+! - (96-100%)


May you read well and often

0 comments: